The holidays are approaching. People are gonna ask what does he want. I haven't a clue. Well I do but sometimes making up a list for things a kid on the spectrum would want might look a little um odd to the average Joe.
In a perfect world that would hold "quirky" in high regard my son's ideal list would be the following.
1) DVDs of DVDs he already has. Completely not age appropriate. Yeah he's 8 and people guess he's all in SpongeBob. I would welcome that goofy little character with open arms if he would only watch him. Nope you can get him copies of Blues Clues. Hell he rediscovered Baby Einstein on YouTube. Shoot me. He also loves these DVDs to death. Scratches them up and of course freaks the hell out when they skip or god forbid don't work.
2) French Fries. Seriously. Mommy and Daddy, in his eyes, don't buy them enough. Forget visions of sugar plums dancing in his head. Sacks of these in his stocking would make his day.
3) 217 brand spanking new small spiral notebooks. To continue the age inappropriate theme. He can pretend to be Steve from Blues Clues. You don't even need to wrap them. Just scatter them all over my house. That's where they are going to wind up anyway. Don't forget a few in the bathroom or in my bed. I love rolling over onto spiral.
4) Random flash cards. He's not going to care what the subject is. He's just gonna want to scatter them all over the floor and then leave. So go with what's on sale.
5) A 36 pack of YooHoo with the the straws punched them in already. Time saver!
6) Clothing with a nice texture he can chew.
7) A school bus. Not a toy one. A real one. Yes you can never have to many rides on a bus.
8) A dog that would actually enjoy being rough housed. One that begs "please poke me in the eyes!"
9) Various dog chew toys. Not for the dog. The ones with the squeakers are the best!
10) Wine for Mommy.
But I can't really give out that list can I? I try to find something. Because how many times have we all heard "He has to have something to open!' when you ask for a gift card or to pay for some therapy.
Seriously side of fries people! It would make him happy!