Followers

Thursday, November 22, 2012

Today was a good day.

Dammit we earned it.  We earned a day off of school/work/therapies.  We earned a day off of autism.  Still I feel slightly guilty about it.  And kind of confused.  I kept waiting for the other shoe to drop or be thrown at my head. (Which has happened).  Once we hit 7 o'clock I thought, "Maybe we made it"

Bedtime. Big sigh of relief.  We did it.  A calm day.

There was no yelling.  No tantrums.  No meltdowns.  He was content to play and just hang out.  I haven't had a day off that was so pleasant in EVER.

I can't help but wonder if the planets were in the right alignment?  Or did I correctly say or do the routine perfectly?  How do I do it again?  How can we recreate this? Because I've been driving down this autism road a long time.  I will pay for this somehow.  Something is gonna happen.

Plus you know what's nuts?  I feel bad.  I know there are other ASD families out there that didn't have a good day.  That this day was nothing but stress.  I'm sorry to you that it was.  I assure you next time, you'll be in the clear.  You paid your autism karma debt today.  You'll get your day.   When that day is, I am not sure.   As much as our kids love that calendar, they never do tell us when these great days are gonna happen.

Tomorrow is gonna kick my ass isn't it?  ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment